Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Evo8 piston in a 4G69

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chowetime
No have not ordered the pistons yet as I am having second thoughts about going turbo or staying N/A especially with the fact that we can get high compression pistons as well (10:5.1) just remember too that the EVO ones do not fit our car (RalliDew)

The other reason for having a doubt is if I can get my car complianced to have a turbo - when I went to do it the emission test was going to cost me nearly $5k (OMFG)
where U quoting me or were u saying i said evo pistons do fit cause i never said they did, if i did it was a typo. and sry
Old May 11, 2009, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally am using the evo rods and bearings with cp piston custom made the top of the evo rod is slightly different then ours so the inside of the piston needs to be altered if you go to speedclinic.net the have all specs needed for the pistons and will play middle man with cp, min were eithe 499 or 599 cant remember all you need is to tell them what comp you want
Old May 11, 2009, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

oh sorry forgot i went with RRM's head they "GUARANTEE" 400hp capability but i don't know specs
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RALLIART15
I personally am using the evo rods and bearings with cp piston custom made the top of the evo rod is slightly different then ours so the inside of the piston needs to be altered if you go to speedclinic.net the have all specs needed for the pistons and will play middle man with cp, min were eithe 499 or 599 cant remember all you need is to tell them what comp you want
Hmm time flies by and I still have not gotten as far along with this as I would like... I have however contacted a piston company that can make up the pistons for me only problem is that they are needing some numbers from me and I don't have those numbers so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for them.

I am using a 4G69 case/block
4G69 crank (unmodified)
4G63T rods (evo 8)

But what they are needing is -

CC's of the chambers = ??
Pin size = 22mm? (need to have this checked if it is meaning the pin that connects the rod to the piston )
Compression I am wanting = 8:5.1
Bore size = 87mm (stock size - not doing head work - maybe just have the head cleaned and polished)

any help or addtional advice greatly appriciated
p.s. I checked out the speedclinic site and the website says they are not in business anymore
Old Jun 6, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Chow,
Wiesco does make pistons for our car, dont know if you have checked there web site or not but i just copied these off there page, im sure they could help, or send a company a stock piston.

Mitsubishi 2.4L 4G69 16V SOHC 2001-07 (Mivec)
Series # Bore
MM Oversizes Stroke Rod C.H. Head cc's Dome/Dish
Volume Comp Ratio Pin
Dia. Notes Buy Now
Inches K992M870A
$479* 87.0 std 100mm - 1.102 - Dish 8.5- 9.5 22mm 3

Metric K992M875A
$479* 87.5 .020 100mm - 1.102 - Dish 8.5- 9.5 22mm 3

K992M880A
$479* 88.0 .040 100mm - 1.102 - Dish 8.5- 9.5 22mm 3

Inches K992M870B
$479* 87.0 std 100mm - 1.102 - F/T 10.5 22mm 3

Metric K992M875B
$479* 87.5 .020 100mm - 1.102 - F/T 10.5 22mm 3

K992M880B
$479* 88.0 .040 100mm - 1.102 - F/T 10.5 22mm 3

sorry if this makes this a long post. sometimes when i go to there page its like this part doesn't load up somtimes. Dont know if you seen it or not lately.

I have already got the evo head studs and the rods, going to see about the crank getting balanced ect. Did we ever find springs for the valves, or is that a custom job ?? I pretty much got everything else lined up to purchase. I wont be putting this together anytime soon as i am staying in the sand box for another tour. Though when i get back I will have this build, I bought another motor and tour her down while home on leave a while back.

Last edited by silversleeper; Jun 6, 2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silversleeper
Chow,
Wiesco does make pistons for our car, dont know if you have checked there web site or not but i just copied these off there page, im sure they could help, or send a company a stock piston.

Mitsubishi 2.4L 4G69 16V SOHC 2001-07 (Mivec)
Series # Bore
MM Oversizes Stroke Rod C.H. Head cc's Dome/Dish
Volume Comp Ratio Pin
Dia. Notes Buy Now
Inches K992M870A
$479* 87.0 std 100mm - 1.102 - Dish 8.5- 9.5 22mm 3

Metric K992M875A
$479* 87.5 .020 100mm - 1.102 - Dish 8.5- 9.5 22mm 3

K992M880A
$479* 88.0 .040 100mm - 1.102 - Dish 8.5- 9.5 22mm 3

Inches K992M870B
$479* 87.0 std 100mm - 1.102 - F/T 10.5 22mm 3

Metric K992M875B
$479* 87.5 .020 100mm - 1.102 - F/T 10.5 22mm 3

K992M880B
$479* 88.0 .040 100mm - 1.102 - F/T 10.5 22mm 3

sorry if this makes this a long post. sometimes when i go to there page its like this part doesn't load up somtimes. Dont know if you seen it or not lately.

I have already got the evo head studs and the rods, going to see about the crank getting balanced ect. Did we ever find springs for the valves, or is that a custom job ?? I pretty much got everything else lined up to purchase. I wont be putting this together anytime soon as i am staying in the sand box for another tour. Though when i get back I will have this build, I bought another motor and tour her down while home on leave a while back.
G'day mate so good to hear from you again... yeah it is actually Wiesco that I am talking to which is strange that they are after these numbers as I would of thought that they would have all the numbers that I am chasing - they have most but still after the others - I think it is mainly because I am using the EVO 8 rods that is throwing them pout abit as the rods are different lengths and the cranks are different as well so it must make it that bit more difficult seeing as it is different from the standard...

Well I am not sure how I feel about you going back to that sand box again, but you are doing a wonderful thing that many of us could not do - good luck to and stay safe.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

G'day mate so good to hear from you again... yeah it is actually Wiesco that I am talking to which is strange that they are after these numbers as I would of thought that they would have all the numbers that I am chasing - they have most but still after the others - I think it is mainly because I am using the EVO 8 rods that is throwing them pout abit as the rods are different lengths and the cranks are different as well so it must make it that bit more difficult seeing as it is different from the standard...

Well I am not sure how I feel about you going back to that sand box again, but you are doing a wonderful thing that many of us could not do - good luck to and stay safe.
Thanks Chow,
Well as far as the rods, there the same unless there a few MM's longer. I took my motor apart when i was home on leave and there the same length from what i could see. The crank from what i have read it where we get the throw from. Now as far as where the piston pins up to the rod, it looked a little wider on the evo rods, could be wrong. I didnt have time to measure everything. When i get back home on lave again I may just do this if no one finds a place to make some pistons. Keep me posted on where you get them, ill order a set from the same company when i get back and see what i need for rings ect.
Thanks for the comment, yea ill be here till around this time next year, another 9 months plus but that gets me a new Bike and my car paided off and modded lol, with money in the bank. Then I plan to see your car in person

web page i found pistons on http://www.importperformanceparts.net/ pistons listed at bottom of page or close to it.

Last edited by silversleeper; Jun 7, 2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

that is the same place that I am going thru and the people that I am talking to... which is interesting as they have almost all of this info yet are asking me for more? but they did say that these were going to be custom made ones?

so what bike are you getting I just bought myself a baby ninja.. and I am still looking forward to seeing you here - my house your house
Old Jun 7, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man i want to visit australia
Old Jun 7, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

that is the same place that I am going thru and the people that I am talking to... which is interesting as they have almost all of this info yet are asking me for more? but they did say that these were going to be custom made ones?

so what bike are you getting I just bought myself a baby ninja.. and I am still looking forward to seeing you here - my house your house
Well i havent contacted them and i was going to get some custom made ones a while ago, but could never get the info you need, since i didnt have a head ect since i was over here lol.

I am getting a Harley Davidson, VROD NIGHT ROD SPECIAL, and do they have stuff out for that thing. I was looking, TURBO KIT, SC KIT, all kinds of stuff !!! looks like ill be moding it also lol.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Just got this back from IPP on our pistons and rods. Sooooo I do believe there pistons will work with the evo rods . Sooooo I most likly will order rods for my motor before i get since the motor i bought hasnt been run over 65k miles. Just go 10 over on them and call it good. Just thought I would let you know Chow what I found out.

yes they are special order pistons and the rods are the same as the EVO 5.905 gen2 rods.

Sincerely,
Phil
Tech & Sales Dept.
IPP/Flatlander Racing
(603) 378-0090
Old Jun 10, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if your doing the pistons and rods, you dont want the weak part of the motor to be the crankshaft. you should see if SSP can make one up for you. he's making one for me. On top of that you should get the ARP head and main studs from an evo. fits our car.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
if your doing the pistons and rods, you dont want the weak part of the motor to be the crankshaft. you should see if SSP can make one up for you. he's making one for me. On top of that you should get the ARP head and main studs from an evo. fits our car.
Thanks man, already ahead of you in 3 areas lol. I have kept a eye on the forums since I am over here in the sand box. I already talked to SSP, soooo all that is in the works. I already have the head studs, just need to get the main studs and ill be set. I seen in one of the threads that people where talking about rods and pistons being different soooo I just thought I would throw this up there.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 08:47 PM

Hi; I've got a turbo ralliart with forged wiseco pistons and evo rods in it. If you are looking in wiseco.com and you can't find anything is because it is a special order for them. But they have got a item # for those pistons that is "KMI11020" They are 9:1 compression ratio, a bit lower than the factory pistons but works nice and smooth. Good luck
Old Jun 22, 2009, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JoeMivec
Hi; I've got a turbo ralliart with forged wiseco pistons and evo rods in it. If you are looking in wiseco.com and you can't find anything is because it is a special order for them. But they have got a item # for those pistons that is "KMI11020" They are 9:1 compression ratio, a bit lower than the factory pistons but works nice and smooth. Good luck
The post above is from another site that sells the WISECO pistons. I will be going with a 8.5:1 ratio on mine. Going to try and get over 300WHP out of the motor. Thanks for the part number though, could be useful in the future.

Quick Reply: Evo8 piston in a 4G69