Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you switching to the 4g64 like me !?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb
Are you switching to the 4g64 like me !?
Lol. Nah. Switching out my ticking time bomb for a 4g94 with 24,000 miles. I ain't got enough money to help the car that much. After I get it all switched I belive my performance mods will be done. Except some handling possibly. But other then that its all looks for awhile. Need to be nice on the engine for awhile and the tranny, gonna b flushing that also while the car is down anyway.
Still trying to decide what full synthetic in my car... hell even haven't decide what I wanna save up for next since performance stuff is gone. Lol.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

What about :
sound system
Strut bars
Lowering springs or coilovers
New seats
Rims
Body
Old Apr 16, 2014, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb
What about :
sound system
Strut bars
Lowering springs or coilovers
New seats
Rims
Body
I got a system (getting a another one soon, audio guy owes me, thats a different story tho. Lol) I also already have upper strut tower bars I got off of Avirex here on the fprums when he parted his car out. And I plan on doing handling, alomg with possibly lowering the car. I just can't lower it a bunch because I live on rock roads. And they aren't very forgiving. Rims I haven't decided on if I wanna do them yet, my buddy does have a set of 17s hes been wantimg me to check out tho. And now I just don't know how I want the body to look, nor the interior. I loke to change my mind a lot, just trying to figure things I need before I get to the things I don't terribly need yet... lol
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I am happy you're keeping it on the road. It's always a sad moment seeing these cars sold or dumped. Haha, I guess I'm a fanatic. They're good cars that are relatively easy to work on & it will be great to keep this generation alive. Truthfully, we are far and few. I guess most people want bigger and better things which is fine but I believe these can be transformed in to fun machines.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 06:29 AM

Car was dropped off Friday and work begins today on it. Should have it back this weeknd at most. Can't wait.

And I'm extremely happy to keep this car goong. It's a great car and I have a blast in it. Everyone around here seems to b more power oriented and muscle car or they have trucks. Very few imports roll around here. I like being different and there are a few lancers here, mainly my body style, and they are treated like **** and look terrible because they don't give a damn about them. So I'm having fun and people are always looking at the car while I'm at work.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 06:30 AM

She's back! Running better than ever! So happy to have my car back again. I can honestly say I missed it sooooo much. I knew I liked the car but wow, I didn't think I would want it back that bad. Lol. Just have a few issues one is that a sensor bolt on the throttle body now has wore a hole in my upper strut bar in front and is still vibrating it, so I think I might have to take that off.. :/ and after they put the engine back in the shifter has to be between drive and 3rd for the tranny to shift into drive. When it is in drive like it should be, it is still in neutral. We have no idea why it's doing that. So if anyone knows anythong about that let me know because that would b a huge help. But still glad to have this baby back! Just a few minor issues.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome back .
Old Jun 8, 2014, 08:42 PM

Hey guys, haven't been on too much and don't have much to update on the car much. Looking into getting some new tail lights, looking at the black altezzas or the all red ones. .. Can't quite decide.

Only thing I have done lately is some minor wiring work for my speakers. And I had a license plate or for the last 6 months and the screws were completely rounded out so I tore out that one and the other one and wired in 2 white led strips from walmart. They are most definitely brighter lol. Forgot to grab pics earlier so I'll take some tomorrow night.

Plus I am gonna get 4 led strips for my interior a set of blue and then I think imma get 4 strips of white leds and wire those to the dome light to help light up the interior at night because the dome light sucks in my car. Lol

Last edited by Jamonroe; Jun 8, 2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jamonroe
Hey guys, haven't been on too much and don't have much to update on the car much. Looking into getting some new tail lights, looking at the black altezzas or the all red ones. .. Can't quite decide. Only thing I have done lately is some minor wiring work for my speakers. And I had a license plate or for the last 6 months and the screws were completely rounded out so I tore out that one and the other one and wired in 2 white led strips from walmart. They are most definitely brighter lol. Forgot to grab pics earlier so I'll take some tomorrow night. Plus I am gonna get 4 led strips for my interior a set of blue and then I think imma get 4 strips of white leds and wire those to the dome light to help light up the interior at night because the dome light sucks in my car. Lol
I just ordered the black altezzas can't wait for them to come in .
For LEDs I recommend the Led glow 4pc set so many options on what you can do !
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:17 PM

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.-forumrunner_20140614_141403.jpg

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.-forumrunner_20140614_141429.jpg

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.-forumrunner_20140614_141455.jpg

I finally did something to my car! And it is a ralliart antenna. Roughly 4 and a half inches. I love it. Looks a lot nicer than the stock antenna. Thank u ebay. Lol. Cost me like 10$ and so far I haven't noticed any difference in radio quality or anything.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 06:59 PM

Well I drove for more than back and forth to my job finally, live within 2 miles of my job in downtown, and noticed the reception was a little rough. I stopped to look at the antenna and make sure it was tightened down and every thing. When I put the antenna on I thought the top half was a little loose but I was too excited to care. When I untightened the bottom paet to make sure it was threaded into the antenna base all the way I turned the antenna upside down and the top half with the carbon fiber looking chunk fell off. The antenna was broken in half in the middle.

Needless to say I'm trying to contact the seller and let them know what's going on and hopefully I get a refund or even a new one shipped out... we'll see I guess
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

That suckss hope it works out
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hopefully they send you a new one. That's really disappointing.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 04:27 PM

That's so sucky... lol

Quick Reply: My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.